E34: Defined By What They’re Made Of, Not What They Make with Robert Prioleau
Robert Prioleau is the co-founder of the Charleston, SC based full service digital marketing firm, Blue Ion. They have been in business for over 17 years and have a staff of 20 people. Today Robert goes deep on the core philosophies that have enabled them to not only stay in business for 17 years, but to thrive. Having big name clients like Tito’s Vodka doesn’t happen by chance. Listen in to get Robert’s full story.
Some of the highlights of the show include:
- What it was like when he realized that the biggest challenge facing their agency was having to justify their work to clients who weren’t a fit and what changes they made.
- How a flight on a rickety small plane through a thunderstorm helped shape the direction of the company.
- How saying “no” to clients and referring them to other people has helped their company thrive.
- What it actually looks like to be purpose driven and let people find you and how you can apply it to your business starting today.
- Why going against the conventional wisdom of giving your audience what they need and instead celebrating uniqueness has been a huge key to success.
- Why being desperate to take on any work is the quickest path to failure.
- “You’re defined by what you’re made of, not what you make.”
- “No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.”
- “Stop selling something and start standing for something.”