E51: Drive traffic with successful content with Neil Patel
Neil Patel is a New York Times best-selling author. He is the co-founder of Crazy Egg and Hello Bar, and he helps companies like Facebook, Amazon, NBC, GM, HP and Viacom grow their revenue. The Wall Street Journal calls him a top influencer on the web, Forbes says he is one of the top 10 online marketers, and Entrepreneur Magazine says he created one of the 100 most brilliant companies in the world. He was recognized as a top 100 entrepreneur under the age of 30 by President Obama and one of the top 100 entrepreneurs under the age of 35 by the United Nations. Join us to learn more about how his laser focus gets incredible results.
- What Neil’s planning for the future.
- How many consulting leads Neil gets per month—and how many are the right fit for his company.
- Why Neil is always evaluating what the market is searching for.
- What Neil’s “world domination master plan” is, and why you need to pay attention.
- Neil’s secret to driving traffic, and how you can put it to work for you.
- Best advice you’ve received: Focus.
- Habit that contributes to success: Neil is picky about all details, from his grass (don’t step on it!) to various aspects of his business.
- Recommended book: The Dip by Seth Godin
- Recommended tools: Crazyegg.com – one of his businesses
- “When you have a lot of traffic, it doesn’t mean you’re going to generate a lot of revenue from it.”
- “Tools for free are smart lead-magnets.”
- “It all helps – that’s how I grow at a rapid pace… …it all adds up.”
- “If you try everything you’ll end up failing.”
- “Write the content that is perfect for your ideal customer… …don’t go broad.”
● Consider the quality of your content. Are you handing it off to someone else at a dime a word, or are you taking the time to produce great work? How might someone react to reading it — “that was ok” or “WOW!”? What can you do to make it more “WOW!”?