E120: Scaling to a $2m agency and exiting in 22 months with Robb Bailey
Robb Bailey is the Founder & CEO of PageLadder, which he founded in 2011. Robb was also the Founder of FitClub Consulting, a digital marketing agency that helped 525 fitness locations before it was acquired (February 2019).
He has helped 1,000’s of businesses sell tens of millions of dollars worth of goods and services both online and offline, and has consulted some of the fastest growing fitness brands in the world.
He is a San Diego native who recently transplanted his wife, three kids, and dog to Huntsville, Alabama.
- Robb decided to close a custom-project agency—listen in to find out why it failed.
- Learn how Robb decided to go with Facebook ads after PageLadder.
- Learn the merits of value-based pricing.
- Learn what Robb did to get results on Facebook ads.
- Learn the 3 things Robb did to grow his business exponentially.
- Robb has two ex-partners that he parted ways with amicably. Listen in to find out how he made that happen.
- Run time: 49:46
- Best advice ever received: 1.) Hire someone who’s done it already to teach you. 2.) Get uncomfortable.
- Habit that contributes to success: Intentionally putting myself in uncomfortable situations.
- Recommended book: Built to Sell by John Warrillow
- Recommended tools: Nurture tool – Robbbailey.com/nc
- “Burnout plus razor-thin margins and a ton of risk just led me to decide, we’re going to end this.”
- “Everybody thought we were doing really well on paper.”
- “It was nobody’s fault but mine.”
- “I was putting out fires constantly.”
- “Everybody was shocked. Except me.”
- “That’s what entrepreneurs are, right? Eternally optimistic.”
- “Scope creep was rampant with every single client.”
- “If I did this again, I’d do it differently.”
- “I don’t want to sleep under the desk at night.”
- “People are throwing $5,000 checks at me.”
- Find your niche and rock it.
- Find out what you can do to solve your client’s REAL problems.