E132: Content as a competitive advantage with Steve Pockross
Steve Pockross brings more than 20 years of startup, Fortune 500, and nonprofit experience to his role at Verblio, a content creation platform for marketing agencies and businesses. As CEO, he applies leading marketplace and SaaS principles to provide a high-quality, fast and flexible content creation platform.
- How Verblio is able to create 60,000 pieces of content per year for 2,000 clients.
- How Verblio manages a successful crowd-sourced community.
- Why Steve believes in evolving from a “Gig Economy” to “Marketplace as a Service”.
- The important of niching in the writing community and how it can help clients.
- How content has had to evolve over time—especially regarding length.
- Winning content trends in digital agencies right now.
- Run time: 32:49
- Best advice ever received: Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Habit that contributes to success: Rediculous optimism
- Recommended tools: Slack
- Recommended book: David Robertson’s The Power of Little Ideas
- “Rethink the mousetrap.”
- “We’re trying to reenvision the modern workplace.”
- “We’re trying to build out those niche writer communities.”
- “We get a lot of feedback—agencies are not shy.”
- “Longform is definitely number one.”
- If you’ve niched down, look into niched writers for your content.
- Look for opportunities to expand your content use, such as multiple articles.
- Obi Panda Nobi at the USUMMIT 2019 Panda Lounge: