E133: Start your journey to a more inclusive and diverse business with Erica Courdae
Erica Courdae is an entrepreneur, coach, and consultant. She is dedicated to expanding how multicultural professionals, managers, lawyers, coaches, and creative small business owners interact with the world.
- How to navigate the topic of diversity within a male-dominated field.
- How to discuss inclusion with your team, and where to start.
- How to seek out diversity when building your team.
- Are there potential risks of looking for diversity? Erica weighs in.
- Where to start when including diversity in your brand, including what Erica refers to as “the gift and the curse” of stock photos.
- Run time: 40:53
- Best advice ever received: Stay curious.
- Habit that contributes to success: Music and art and conversations – it all matters.
- Recommended tools: Conversation with someone that doesn’t look like you! It’s better than an app.
- Recommended book: The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo
- “I want to work with this brand because I see myself represented.”
- “I think it is a part of what you build.”
- “There’s no way to do a ‘set it and forget it’ once.”
- “You need to first have that clear understanding.”
- “What efforts are you actually, tangibly doing?”
- “Once that conversation gets started, it can kind of snowball from there.”
- “I felt like there was a risk to putting it out there.”
- “They came to you. In some cases, they just don’t say anything.”
- “When you need it, it’s already too late.”
- Start with your values when you begin your journey to a more inclusive business.