E143: The power of illustration in agency messaging with Ingrid Lill
Build websites faster and make clients happier with Zephyr CMS (sponsored).
Ingrid Lill studied Visual Communication back when layouts still were drawn by hand.
She later worked as a graphic designer and art director all over Europe, as well as a graphic recorder drawing live at conferences and seminars.
She teaches drawing in her studio and online at Illustrationmadeeasy.com
Ingrid recently discovered/invented Visual Coaching and Brand Storyboarding.
- How to get clear on your agency’s message using the power of drawing.
- How to take faster notes—using illustrations.
- How discovering her superpower has changed Ingrid’s own business.
- Practical applications using various tools, plus what it means to draw eyebrows that are higher in the center and how to place characters into a simple background.
- Best advice received: Your drawings are good enough, not go figure out what you want to say with them.
- Habit that contributes to success: Draw every day and “do what you like best.”
- Recommended tools: My Apple pencil
- Recommended book: Storybrand by Dr. Donald Miller
- Run time: 33:46
- “I think it was the storytelling that always interested me.”
- “At some point, it became too boring.”
- “I’m helping businesses get clear on their message.”
- “This was interesting. I think I’m on to something here.”
- “The advantage of drawing is that it’s really fast.”
- “I hear them, and they see that I’m listening to them.”
- “My drawings are very simple.”
- You can use these methods to help with your sales process. Ingrid has also seen it used successfully in marketing and newsletters.
- Start with the “who”.
Ingrid was inspired by the interview to contribute a little something…