E147: How to message during the pandemic with Aaron Wrixon
Build websites faster and make clients happier with Zephyr CMS (sponsored).
Since the mid-90s, WRIXON founder Aaron Wrixon has been paid for crafting more than 6 million words. That’s the equivalent of writing War and Peace back-to-back 11 times. He has written copy for more than 100 different industries across the English-speaking world.
- What entrepreneurs like Aaron have seen change since the start of the crisis.
- The conflict that many home-bound entrepreneurs are facing right now: family first or work first?
- Are you Type-A or Type-B with your money right now? Aaron and Brent dig into where that will lead.
- How we should be talking about ourselves right now—an expert opinion on messaging and sales.
- How Aaron has adjusted his work to help more during the pandemic.
- How to bring context to your messaging right now.
- Best advice received: Keep your mouth closed, you’re catching flies.
- Habit that contributes to success: Grit.
- Recommended tools: Grammarly and Bear for Mac
- Recommended book: Managing a Downturn – HBR authors: Chris Zook, James Allen, Ronald Heifetz, Marty Linsky
- Run time: 45:12
- Check out TONS of great info on Aaron’s unique landing page
- And a Spotify playlist of some of Aaron’s favorite reggae
- Previous podcast episode with Aaron
- “Recently, the world changes every day.”
- “Now I have new co-workers, shall we say.”
- “He said something along the lines of, ‘You have to keep moving’… you can’t save your way through a crisis.”
- “I’m gonna put a gun to your head and take all your food.”
- “If you’re scared of selling, focus on those outcomes.”
- “You need optimism, not pessimism.”
- “Maybe I’m getting angry because it does work.”
- Recognize that people need HELP right now.
- Don’t start your sales message with the pandemic. Talk about what is going on without actually talking about it. Be optimistic.