[Live Training] The 5A Framework For More Leads In Your Digital Agency
E148: How Nathan Hirsch built a successful team of 35 in the Philippines
Build websites faster and make clients happier with Zephyr CMS (sponsored).
Unlimited WordPress tasks for digital agencies at a fixed monthly cost with UnlimitedWP, get 25% your first month with code “das2020” (sponsored).
Nathan Hirsch is an entrepreneur and expert in remote hiring and eCommerce. Most recently, Nathan co-founded FreeeUp.com in 2015 with an initial $5,000 investment, scaled it to $12M per year in revenue, and was then acquired in 2019. Today, Nathan is a co-founder of OutsourceSchool, a company working to educate entrepreneurs on how to effectively hire and scale with virtual assistants through in-depth courses. Nathan has appeared on 300+ podcasts, is a social media personality, and loves sharing advice on scaling remote businesses.
Nathan Hirsch also founded Ecombalance.com a monthly bookkeeping service for Ecommerce Sellers and Agencies.
- What got Nathan into entrepreneurship early in life, and why he treated college like a deadline.
- What Nathan learned working on his first major venture (HINT: don’t become overly reliant on any one thing!)
- What happened on Nathan’s first day of his first vacation. It wasn’t just one, but THREE major blows.
- How you can make a remote team happier and more engaged.
- How Nathan built a team of 35 in the Philippines.
- Why he picked to focus his team in the Philippines in particular.
- How to get started with your first VA.
- How to make sure your remote worker will work out using Nathan’s SICC method.
- Stand-alone VA’s vs remote workers that are part of your company culture.
- What Nathan starts paying remote workers and what he ends up paying them over time.
- Best advice received: Work hard, play hard.
- Habit that contributes to success: Splitting stuff up, breaking things down.
- Recommended tools: Wordboard app
- Recommended book: Hatching Twitter by Nick Bilton
- Run time: 39:51
- Outsourceschool.com/vacalculator – be sure to join the newsletter!
- Nathan Hirsch on Twitter
- Nathan Hirsch on Insta
- Nathan Hirsch on LinkedIn
- Nathan Hirsch on Facebook
- “Everyone hates creating SOP’s.”
- “I always felt like I wanted more.”
- “No one really knew what Amazon was.”
- “I just failed, over and over and over.”
- “We were really dependant on Amazon – they could shut us down at any moment.”
- “It really comes down to communication and clarity.”
- “You’re not going to go out and get drinks with them after work.”
- “On-call should never be urgent.”
- Don’t become overly reliant on any one thing, like Facebook for all of your ads.
- Diversify and make yourself less vulnerable.
- Take time to make sure a new hire is the right fit.