E152: Take Action, Ask Questions Later with Emarc and Amarc
Build websites faster and make clients happier with Zephyr CMS (sponsored).
Emarc and Amarc are serial entrepreneurs. Buisnesses they own together include: Modernonemarketing.com, Homeforeverbaths.com, Emarcandamarc.com, and Freeportmastermind.com. They also have a podcast with guests including Gary Vaynerchuk and Ryan Deiss.
- The unusual way Emarc and Amarc became official business partners.
- What Modern One Marketing does today—and how they’re different from other agencies.
- What happens when content comes naturally.
- The clever way they got Gary Vee on their podcast—without an established platform.
- What happened the day that they lost 75% of their revenue.
- Why Emarc and Amarc continued marketing one of their side businesses (on TV no less!) during the pandemic, while nobody’s currently buying this specific product.
- On Zoom-selling to the elderly (it’s the New Economy!).
- Best advice received: 1) Keep in mind that I’m people-oriented. 2) Customer’s not always right.
- Habit that contributes to success: 1) Being a people person (that hugs!) 2) No quitting, perseverance.
- Recommended tools: 1) Sharpspring 2) Trello
- Recommended book: 1) How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie and The Bible 2) EntreLeadership by Dave Ramsey
- Run time: 44:56
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- EntreLeadership by Dave Ramsey
- “I never knew it could go below 75 degrees….I mean, in Haiti you don’t use terms like ‘coats’.”
- “Gary Vee’s there, what if we got him on our podcast? We don’t have a podcast.”
- “Be ok with asking them…without an established platform.”
- “He had no choice but to say yes.”
- “You guys stuck to your guns and right now I feel likes so many people are wussing out on marketing.”
- “So you invited Gary Vee back to your hotel room…which is super weird.”
- “Six hours…that’s a good pity party.”
- “Chicago is a warzone right now.”
- Got a crazy idea? Just go for it. Action gets you there faster than hesitation!
- Don’t assume that a sales idea is impossible. Who knew that 85-year-olds would be getting successfully pitched over Zoom?