E155: Sensitive issues and your brand on social media with Pia Silva
Build websites faster and make clients happier with Zephyr CMS (sponsored).
Pia Silva is an entrepreneur, speaker, Forbes contributor, author of Badass Your Brand, and the host of the podcast Show Your Business Who’s Boss. She helps entrepreneurs badass their brand and build a lucrative lifestyle business full of freedom.
- Why Pia “goes to the numbers and money” during a crisis.
- When it’s a good idea to take on debt.
- How Pia is getting into a very sensitive and polarizing topic: Black Lives Matter.
- How Pia filters what to talk about to her audience.
- Best advice received: Have a lot on your plate? Ask yourself what would happen if you don’t do something and then don’t do it.
- Habit that contributes to success: Goal setting.
- Recommended tools: Unfold app for Insta story images
- Recommended book: The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- Run time: 36:45
- Previous Digital Agency Show episode with Pia
- Pia Loves Your Biz on Instagram
- Pia’s Show Your Business Who is Boss – crash course for $1
- Pia on Facebook
- Unfold app for Insta story images
- The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- Pia’s podcast
- “I am my target market.”
- “I love talking about numbers and money.”
- “I almost never pay interest.”
- “It’s more about your fear of not trusting yourself.”
- “People shouldn’t have to guess where you stand.”
- “It’s okay if you do it now.”
- Try to get a better handle on your business’ actual numbers—it can help you get out of “fear mode”.