E202: Improve UX to increase conversions with Piccia Neri
Your all-in-one Marketing Analytics tool to empower businesses of all sizes to make smarter, data-driven decisions–try Oribi today with 20% off your first three months with code “ugurus”. Oribi (sponsored).
Outsourcing services for digital agencies – website design & development, e-commerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M (sponsored).
Piccia Neri is a UX expert and global speaker, helping businesses and agencies win on the web by putting users at the center. She loves educating designers & developers in the best UX & UI practices via workshops, courses, and talks in 3 languages. Piccia is also a UX project lead and a Maverick at Cloudways.
- What is UX and UI? Where do you start? Piccia breaks it down.
- What’s in a page? It can be a lot, and valued at a LOT. Piccia helps us understand.
- What kind of design decisions must be made to work with your audience.
- How UX research can benefit agencies and businesses. (Hint: it’s about converting!)
- What AirBnB changed to find incredible success – “stratospheric!”
- Small steps that an agency owner can take to improve UX.
- What a form is worth and how conversion rates can be increased.
- Best advice: Life – always think that you can be/do/have whatever you want. Never have limits. UX – the five whys.
- Habit that contributes to success: The willingness and need to keep learning. Also, meditation.
- Recommended tool: Insight timer for meditation, Contrastchecker.com, Coolers.co
- Recommended book: Don’t Make Me Think by Steve Krug
- Run time: 44:27
- Cloudways Agency Partner Program – cloudways.com/agency
- Designforconversions.com Conference – May 17 to 20, 2021
- “Three languages? Do it! Just don’t brag about it.”
- “You’re planning rather than just making it up.”
- “It’s not a buzzword…it’s something that’s absolutely essential.”
- “We were pushed into this commodity trap of low-value work.”
- “Even one page could be an $18k page.”
- “The page itself isn’t hard. It’s all the process ahead of time.”
- “You just work with what you’ve got.”
- “He saw the conversion grow 400%.”
- “I wasn’t selling prettier images. I was selling trust.”
- “Normal does not exist.”
- “Start trying to include every human and that will increase conversions.”
- “It’s not just a form.”
- “That’s why we do it – helping people out.”
- UX/UI: The first step is getting to know who you’re doing this for. And their WHY for wanting something done is very important. Ask as many times as you can. Why.
- “Research should be 50, 60, 70% of a project.”
- Don’t have resources to make forms fully accessible? Add the following:
- Are you unable to use this form? Click this link and send me an email.