E203: Set your agency up for outsourcing success with Manish Dudharejia
Your all-in-one Marketing Analytics tool to empower businesses of all sizes to make smarter, data-driven decisions–try Oribi today with 20% off your first three months with code “ugurus”. Oribi (sponsored).
Outsourcing services for digital agencies – website design & development, ecommerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M (sponsored).
Manish Dudharejia is the founder and CEO of E2M. He’s a techno-entrepreneur and techno-marketer professional. He has over 10 years of experience in this industry, working closely with lots of different people associated with technology, entrepreneurship, and digital marketing. E2M is a white-label web design and marketing shop based in India and San Diego. They have a team of over 100 and over 150 active clients. Manish is responsible for their overall company operations, sustainable strategic growth, team mentoring and retention, and so much more.
E2M is much loved by many UGURUS members.
- How Manish arrived at his philosophy of “relationship first”.
- What customer service is—and it’s more than just an expense.
- Why it’s particularly important to take care of existing customers.
- How E2M grew from two people up to 100 (and growing).
- Some thoughts on outsourcing—especially overseas.
- What common pitfalls agencies can experience with outsourcing (and what to do about it).
- How important brand is to a business’s success.
- Best advice: Work with convinced people rather than trying to convince someone. And if you don’t see working with someone for a lifetime, don’t do it even for a day.
- Habit that contributes to success: Emotional intelligence and helping people. Also, Zig Zigler quote: if you help people to get what they want, you will get everything that you want.
- Recommended tool: FS.street and Twitter.com/naval
- Recommended book: How Rich People Think by Steve Siebold
- Run time: 41:41
- “We get to learn a lot from the community as a whole.”
- “A lot of people think that customer service is an expense.”
- “I tried to find the problems we were having in the outsourcing industry.”
- “Where you’re at today, that’s a hard proposition.”
- “Not only did we lose money, we also lost the client.”
- It’s easier to sell to existing clients than new ones.
- Having a bad meal at a restaurant doesn’t stop you from going out to all restaurants. Think of outsourcing the same way.
- Bringing on a new team member is a big leap. Outsourcing is a great way to fill the gap without a big commitment.