E219: How a VA can get you focused and help scale your agency with Jen Buzza
Help your clients close more leads with a new all-in-one marketing platform that you can white-label, HighLevel (sponsored).
Outsourcing services for digital agencies – website design & development, e-commerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M (sponsored).
Jen Buzza is the co-founder and web advisor for WebClio, a digital agency based in the Los Angeles area. She’s also Visionary for a company called WorkSitter, she’s a business mentor at Hub101, and (most importantly!) the Lead Mentor for UGURUS. She has mentored, coached, and trained over 1,000 agencies within our Pro, Elite, and Bootcamp programs.
- What it means to have a “work sitter”, and how it benefits quick-start, distractible entrepreneurs.
- How Jen has made work sitting work for her, and how it’s helped.
- The hurdle you need to overcome to get started.
- How a work sitter can transition to an active role.
- How “pointing and calling” helps create SOPs and focus your mind.
- What Jen did that led to key staff staying longer and doing a better job.
- Why entrepreneurs need help with this – for themselves and their company.
- Best advice: Get out of the project management role (from Brent).
- Habit that contributes to success: Reading – for herself and her kids.
- Recommended tool: WorkSitter – there’s a free session (she’ll pay for your second session if you don’t love it!).
- Recommended book: Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- Run time: 35:11
- “She pays people to watch her work!”
- “I was struggling with the ‘I should be able to do this, I should be able to do that.’”
- “I need to be babysat.”
- “I don’t want to go to years of therapy to find out why I do this.”
- “You have to admit that you’re not perfect.”
- “Brilliant! Thank you, brain.”
- “There’s no one unicorn that does it all well.”
- “I want entrepreneurs to be unburdened.”
- To get started on this, you first need to admit that you aren’t perfect.
- Try listening to a book and reading it in the same time period.
Want to see the episodes recorded live?
Join our Facebook group, Profitable Digital Agencies, for fun insider access, freebies, and connections to agency owners around the world!