E230: The magic of niching and how to price your project with Aaron Carpenter
Help your clients close more leads with a new all-in-one marketing platform that you can white-label, HighLevel (sponsored).
Outsourcing services for digital agencies – website design & development, e-commerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M (sponsored).
Aaron Carpenter runs the agency Legendary Lion, which he founded in 2011, and is also a UGURUS mentor. He has over 300 clients in his niche, has completed over 500 projects, and also created a directory website that sold for nearly 7 figures.
- How Aaron struck out on his own as an agency owner—and gracefully left employment.
- What made Aaron confident that he was ready to step out and start an agency.
- What Aaron is niched into and how he got started.
- Why Aaron’s niche is perfect for him and his team.
- What he’s learned about working in the “private practice” world.
- Why niching down makes sense and the range of advantages vs. being a generalist.
- How Aaron developed a *pricing calculator*.
- It’s essential to establish a potential client’s revenue. However, they aren’t always forthcoming. Here’s how to figure it out.
- Best advice: Read and follow Traction by Gino Wickman
- Habit that contributes to success: Showing up
- Recommended tool: Track your time – Harvest or Toggl, also Google Docs
- Recommended book: Brent’s book – Get Rich In The Deep End, and Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook by Gary Vaynerchuk
- Run time: 39:33
- Legendary Lion
- Join Bootcamp to sell your first or next $10k project and work with Aaron directly
- “It sounds like you still get that rush.”
- “You’re making some agency owners who love to nerd out on code BLUSH a little bit.”
- “I kinda need a stepping stone.”
- “A lot of people have a lot of fear of that jump.”
- “We learned how to squeeze the most value out of a budget and still be able to pay ourselves.”
- “This guy gets it.”
- “The nuances are where you have your competitive advantage.”
- Find out the cycle of how your niche operates, and where your agency can fit in.
- Get to know your niche so well that you have answers to questions they haven’t asked yet.
Want to see the episodes recorded live?
Join our Facebook group, Profitable Digital Agencies, for fun insider access, freebies, and connections to agency owners around the world!