E49: Start writing phenomenal copy with Dave Greenlee
Unlimited WordPress tasks for digital agencies at a fixed monthly cost with UnlimitedWP, get 25% your first month with code “das2020” (sponsored).
Dave has been writing copy for more than a decade—including for UGURUS. Listen in to learn about how he gets started when it’s time to write, whether there’s a “right” length for emails, and how he makes sure readers click through.
- What’s the most fundamental rule in copywriting? (Spoiler alert: Know your audience!)
- The simple (common) purpose behind each step in the writing process.
- How to get started when it’s time to write—including how to find out what your prospects are complaining about!
- How “unsubscribes” sometimes weed out the people you don’t want as clients.
- Influential writers: Perry Marshall, Andre Chaperon, Ben Settle
- Best advice: Stay in your wheelhouse.
- Personal habit that contributes to success: persistence
- Online tool or resource: Netflix
- Book recommendation: The War of Art and Turning Pro by Steven Pressfield
- The War of Art and Turning Pro by Steven Pressfield
- Perry Marshall – and check out our podcast interview with Perry here
- Andre Chaperon
- Ben Settle
- Dave’s email: [email protected]
- Facebook profile
- “I thought it was amazing that you could send eyeballs to a letter and you could earn money from that.”
- “It’s not just information—there’s an intent there.”
- “We all love our own companies… but prospects just want to know if you can solve their problems.”
- “You can find people complaining all day long.”
- “Give me everything you got!”
- Evaluate how your business sends emails.
- What is the frequency?
- What kind of content are you writing?
- How can you make your email better?