E50: How to more easily get content from clients with James Rose
Unlimited WordPress tasks for digital agencies at a fixed monthly cost with UnlimitedWP, get 25% your first month with code “das2020” (sponsored).
James Rose co-founded a software development company. His previous venture, Silver Siphon, was sold to a Silicon Valley angel investment firm. His new tool, Content Snare, helps digital agencies with a real pain point—getting content from clients. Listen in to learn how… and how serial entrepreneurs are like a character in Indiana Jones.
- What James learned about running too many businesses at once.
- Why sometimes even professional copywriters aren’t the right fit for a company.
- How Content Snare was born—and how it helps keep projects on track.
- The secret that guides new aspects of James’ business. (Hint: anyone can use it, even you)
- The importance of not riding two jeeps.
- Best advice you’ve received: Ask yourself “Is this taking me closer to my goal?”
- Habit that contributes to success: networking
- Recommended book: Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss and The One Thing by Gary Keller
- Recommended tools: Zapier
- Contentsnare.com – includes free info on how to get content from clients
- Contentsnare.com – use code ugurus for 20% off
- Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss
- The One Thing by Gary Keller
- “(Content) is this big job they have to take time out for.”
- “Chunking (content) into small pieces is a good way to get stuff done.”
- “The problem is still not solved.”
- Look to your clients for feedback – you just might get some valuable insight.
- Are you facing a large project, such as collecting content from clients? Try breaking it down into smaller, more manageable pieces.