E55: Scale your business with predictable sales and profit with Brad Martineau
Brad Martineau started SixthDivision a half a dozen years ago to help entrepreneurs make sense of how to automate their businesses, without wanting to rip their hair out. Today we discuss how he has restored order and sanity to the lives of thousands of entrepreneurs. The secret? His proprietary, step-by- step process that makes it easy for entrepreneurs to be confident about what they should be implementing in their business—AND how to actually get it implemented.
- How, even though Brad has worked with Daymond John’s Shark Group and Dave Ramsey’s EntreLeadership group, his favorite people to work with are on the other end of the spectrum.
- What happened when Brad found himself faced with five kids, no big sponsorship money, a personal guarantee, and zero funds.
- The difference, according to Brad, between productizing a service and packaging a product.
- How packaged products can have major benefits.
- Best advice he’s ever received: From Ready, Fire, Aim by Michael Masterson – As you grow a business, it will go through identifiable phases. Just know where you are and be there. Go look for clues to success.
- Habit that contributes to success: listening and observe what life has to offer
- Recommended book: From Ready, Fire, Aim by Michael Masterson
- Recommended tools: Basecamp 3 and Workflowy
- SixthDivision.com – including a free training class
- From Ready, Fire, Aim by Michael Masterson
- Basecamp 3
- Brad’s Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- “You don’t get any bonus points for top-line revenue.”
- “Challenge? Opportunity? There’s no difference.”
- “If you wanna get smart in a hurry, run out of time or run out of money.”
- How do you define a client’s project needs before starting the project with them? Do you have a document for them to fill out? Do you have a specific conversation?
- How do you package your products? Is everything custom? What would it look like if you created specific products?