E57: Scaling up with Verne Harnish
Verne Harnish is the founder of EO (Entrepreneurs’ Organization) and Gazelles, an executive education and coaching company. He is the author of three books, including Scaling Up: How A Few Companies Make It…And Why The Rest Don’t Up. In this episode, you’ll learn insider methods for focusing and growing your business, as well as tips on finding peer support and leveraging connections.
- Why it’s important to set aside breaks
- What one thing you should focus on each day.
- The single most important thing any digital agency needs to do to succeed.
- The first, most important thing you need to do to scale—and how you can get started on it today.
- What to focus on at a weekly marketing meeting.
- How to connect with that someone you NEED to know.
- Best advice he’s ever received: make the list of influencers
- Habit that contributes to success: meditation
- Recommended book: Eli Golratt’s The Goal
- Recommended tools: Google Alerts
- Mastering the Rockefeller Habits
- Scaling Up
- Eli Golratt’s The Goal
- Google Alerts
- Scalingup.com – free bonus chapters on strategic planning and personal plan
- “The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.”
- “What got you here won’t get you there.”
- “I’m going to make them number one in their market.”
- “The main thing every day should be a who.”
- “It’s ok to be independent, but no reason to be alone.”
- Before you go to bed tonight, write down the six things you need to accomplish tomorrow, in order. Start the next day with the number one item, and don’t do anything else until it’s done.
- Write 25 key influencers that you need behind your business. How can you work with them and get their support?
- Find a peer coach and help each other through life’s challenges. Search online for more information.