E64: Keep your Business Healthy During Unexpected Adversity with Shelby Larson
Since 2007, Shelby Larson has successfully grown two agencies from inception to 7-figures. This included building teams of over 100 talented individuals, creating robust SOP systems, creating and managing financial projections and budgets. She’s a frequently requested keynote speaker at business and marketing conferences. Her businesses and personal consulting services have helped scale 7-figure and 8-figure businesses to success consistently by increasing revenue while lowering operating and marketing costs.
- Learn Shelby’s magic word that kept her focused on the silver lining in a tragic event.
- Find out the importance of strong SOPs to keep a business intact during difficult times.
- Shelby outlines how she started out in preparing her business’ SOPs.
- Learn how you can think about faulty systems vs. faulty people.
- Listen in to Shelby’s technique for approaching business owners for advice without feeling intimidation.
- Best advice she’s ever received: be authentic to who you are, allow others to be authentic to who they are, and not to let the difference be a pain point
- Habit that contributes to success: morning routine of scripture reading, meditation and starting with a healthy “nevertheless” mindset
- Recommended book: Traction: Get a Grip on your Business by Gino Wickman and Rocket Fuel: The One Essential Combination That Will Get You More of What You Want from Your Business by Gino Wickman
- Recommended tool: Google Docs and Evernote — especially the scan and search-able feature
- LinkedIn profile
- Intentional Media
- Content Divas
- Ember Dragon
- Google Docs
- Moonlighting on the Internet – Shelby’s book
- Traction: Get a Grip on your Business by Gino Wickman
- Rocket Fuel: The One Essential Combination That Will Get You More of What You Want from Your Business by Gino Wickman
- SOP resources link
- “You’re burning clients when you drop balls.”
- “We think of ourselves as firefighters, but really we should be fire prevention.”
- “We would all do better in business if we could….not be intimidated by each other.”
- “That situation forced me to create real leaders.”
- Do you have a solid Standard Operating Procedure in place? What would happen if something unexpected occurred — would it derail you or just challenge your team? Take time to evaluate the processes you have in place, and consider what your company would do if each team member was unavailable for a period of time.