E69: Make chatbots work for your agency with Andrew Warner
Andrew Warner is best known as the assertive interviewer who founded Mixergy, the place where proven entrepreneurs teach. But in this episode, Brent turns the tables and interviews him.
Andrew joins us to talk about chat bots—specifically, why major companies are making chatbots a big part of their marketing and sales strategy.
- Why email isn’t the only way you should be contacting your potential customers.
- What bots allow you to build that’s different from traditional marketing.
- Everything you need to know about spamming and Facebook.
- How to improve chatbot open rates.
- Whether or not you should use images in chat.
- What Andrew saw—that lots of others missed—when he invested early on in chatbot companies.
- Best advice he’s ever received: if you love what you do, you’ll never work a day in your life
- Habit that contributes to success: do stuff with other people watching, like emailing
- Recommended book: Dale Carnegie’s How to Win Friends and Influence People
- Recommended tool: Apple watch – for example, recording transcriptions through Just Press Record
- Just Press Record
- Botacademy.com/digitalagencyshow to try Andrew’s bot
- Apple watch
- “Where are our audiences? Make bots for those places.”
- “Let’s add another way to reach people.”
- “People don’t need email.”
- Keep chat bots simple – use one or two options.
- Use images, animated GIFs, and emojis to communicate visually.
- Chat bots can be one more tool in your tool belt to offer clients and differentiate your agency.