E78: From Corporate Worker to Agency Owner with Brandy Lawson
Brandy Lawson runs a boutique agency with a mission: to help female change-makers maximize their impact—and affect change faster on a greater scale—by making the right digital decisions. She’s also a UGURUS mentor who has built over 75 web projects. Her zone of genius is connecting business goals with marketing and technology strategies.
- How, knowing that jobs can end at any time, Brandy found the courage to move on.
- Why Brandy considers herself unemployable.
- How being honest with hiring practices and beliefs helped Brandy build a successful team.
- How letting go of “all the things” can serve you well.
- Best advice: Dress for the job you want.
- Personal habit that contributes to success: Miracle morning: gratitude, physical activity, meditation.
- Internet resource or tool: Streak
- Book recommendation: Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead by Brené Brown
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead by Brené Brown
- Brandy is a mentor for UACADEMY
- “Get rid of the ability to retreat.”
- “We half-commit, we get half-results.”
- “At the end of the day, it comes down to people.”
- “My need to know ‘all the things’ was standing in my way to grow.”
- “It all came back to ego.”
- Where is your ego holding you back? What can you let go of to move forward?