E95: Branding is more than a logo with Stæven Frey
Unlimited WordPress tasks for digital agencies at a fixed monthly cost with UnlimitedWP, get 25% your first month with code “das2020” (sponsored).
Stæven Frey is the founder of Quantum Branding. He creates authentic and memorable brands that grow and sell with the power of branding science. Stæven is a branding master who has helped over 150 major brands, and launched over 500 products in the marketplace. He’s worked with Target, Cracker Barrel, Walmart, and Mars Petcare. He recently launched a white label branding service for other digital agencies.
He’s a student of UGURUS UACADEMY.
- Why Stæven says branding is more than a logo.
- What Branding Baseball is—and how it can help you.
- Why branding is like a superhero costume at a black-tie event.
- How to approach a logo conversation with a client.
- Best advice ever received: You’re either green and growing or red and rotten.
- Habit that contributes to success: Learning.
- Favorite tool: Omnigraffle
- Book recommendations: Do you matter? by Stewart Emery and Robert Brunner
- Run time: 42:22
- Find Stæven on LinkedIn
- Ask for a worksheet and pricing template by emailing Staeven@quantumbranding.agency
- Do you matter? by Stewart Emery and Robert Brunner
- “Hopefully this is a destination wedding and everyone is dressed up like superheroes.”
- “We were branding on the fly with our clients.”
- “Those are dull knife exercises.”
- “The conversation changed from pain points to dreaming of new possibilities.”
- “How do I educate the client with being a brand expert?”
- “What if you could be more than ok with that?”
- “I want web agencies to be their clients’ real friend.”
- “Good design is invisible.”
- Try using a client’s brand attributes in a branding conversation. How is their brandmark helping them look professional? What is its strength? What does it say? How about colors, type, and tone?