E95: Branding is more than a logo with Stæven Frey
Stæven Frey is the founder of Quantum Branding. He creates authentic and memorable brands that grow and sell with the power of branding science. Stæven is a branding master who has helped over 150 major brands, and launched over 500 products in the marketplace. He’s worked with Target, Cracker Barrel, Walmart, and Mars Petcare. He recently launched a white label branding service for other digital agencies.
He’s a student of UGURUS UACADEMY.
- Why Stæven says branding is more than a logo.
- What Branding Baseball is—and how it can help you.
- Why branding is like a superhero costume at a black-tie event.
- How to approach a logo conversation with a client.
- Best advice ever received: You’re either green and growing or red and rotten.
- Habit that contributes to success: Learning.
- Favorite tool: Omnigraffle
- Book recommendations: Do you matter? by Stewart Emery and Robert Brunner
- Run time: 42:22
- Find Stæven on LinkedIn
- Ask for a worksheet and pricing template by emailing Staeven@quantumbranding.agency
- Do you matter? by Stewart Emery and Robert Brunner
- “Hopefully this is a destination wedding and everyone is dressed up like superheroes.”
- “We were branding on the fly with our clients.”
- “Those are dull knife exercises.”
- “The conversation changed from pain points to dreaming of new possibilities.”
- “How do I educate the client with being a brand expert?”
- “What if you could be more than ok with that?”
- “I want web agencies to be their clients’ real friend.”
- “Good design is invisible.”
- Try using a client’s brand attributes in a branding conversation. How is their brandmark helping them look professional? What is its strength? What does it say? How about colors, type, and tone?