E116: A Mobile App’s Journey: From Spark to Market Fit with Om Suthar
Om Suthar has designed products, apps, and services internationally, as well as published 10+ patents. He’s now working to help others build their physical, financial, and emotional well-being with his app, Sqrl.
Join us as we chat about building a product and how he’s finding product/market fit in a world that could use more good habits.
- What do you do when the product isn’t ready? Learn how Om got scrappy in testing.
- Learn Om’s process of building, testing, and adjusting.
- Learn the different mindsets of goals vs. values. (Which works for you – east or west coast?)
- Learn why Om didn’t build this product for traditional VCs.
- Find out how Om saw an opportunity in the small business world.
- Run time: 36:33
- Best advice ever received: Don’t be anyone else
- Habit that contributes to success: Gratitude expressed every morning
- Sqrl.me – can get the app from here
- Twitter – astr0mnaut
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- “You start making happiness your way of being.”
- “Maybe I can figure out this product/market fit thing.”
- “I started with the problem.”
- “I just wanted to get to the core of it.”
- “People are good enough at shaming themselves.”
- “Technology shames us into this corner and we just expect it.”
- “It’s a gateway into wellbeing.”
- “Our problems don’t respect industry silos. We’re very fluid people.”
- “They will think of themselves as the market.”
- Take the time to validate your product.
- Take time to test – even if you need to improvise the process!