[Live Training] The 5A Framework To Attract High-Quality Leads
From Selling an Agency to Starting an M&A Firm
David Rodnitzky is the founder of Agentic Shift, a consulting firm that helps marketing agency founders through the mergers and acquisitions process.
Prior to Agentic Shift, David founded 3Q Digital. He grew 3Q from one person in a coffee shop to more than 325 people in 11 offices, managing over $2 billion of online media spend.
Highlights from David Rodnitzky’s Episode
- From wrinkle cream to online poker…how David figured out he wanted to start his agency
- What David realized about bigger clients
- How David’s company was sold, and the surprise that followed
- What happened when David bought his company back
- What David often sees in his M&A business
- What happened to “David Deals”
- What early-stage agencies should be thinking about now
Lightening round with David Rodnitzky
- Best advice: You don’t get what you deserve; you get what you negotiate
- Habit that contributes to success: Fascination with tech and the internet
- Tool or resource recommendation: Midjourney
- Book recommendation: Persuasion by Robert Cialdini
Resources, plus connect with David Rodnitzky-
Quotes from David Rodnitzky’s episode –
- “You eventually will find opportunities that will scale the business.”
- “Don’t be in India if your wife is 8 months pregnant. Unless she’s in India.”
- “Just trying to keep the lights on.”
- “…having a great rapport with a certain part of the market so we can grow with them.”
- “It’s better lucky than it is to be good sometimes.”
- “We’re not running the business on David Deals anymore.”
Takeaways from David Rodnitzky’s episode –
- Have you had multiple clients express a need for something? Maybe it’s time to invest in figuring out if it’s viable
- Place yourself firmly in your niche and grow with them
- How much of your agency’s success is based on you being there?
Sponsors For The Digital Agency Show
Ready for a managed hosting provider that will get your clients the performance, reliability, and support you need? Get started with Cloudways today with a $50 hosting credit using code “DASCW”.
Outsourcing services for digital agencies–website design & development, e-commerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M.