E206: Stories, authenticity, and marketing your agency with Nicole Osborne
Help your clients close more leads with a new all-in-one marketing platform that you can white-label, HighLevel (sponsored).
Outsourcing services for digital agencies – website design & development, e-commerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M (sponsored).
Nicole Osborne was just voted one of 2021’s Top 30 Marketers that Inspire by MarketEd.Live, along with the likes of Rand Fishkin, Seth Godin, and Andrew Davis.
A marketing coach for digital agency owners, she’s based in London but is originally from Eastern Germany. She runs a program called Wunderstars.
- Where agencies tend to struggle, and how Nicole wants to help them.
- Agency owners may market for their clients, but their own marketing often takes a back seat. Sound familiar? Why that is and what to do about it.
- What happens when you show too much personality. Is that possible?
- What you have that makes your agency different.
- Where the panda thing started (a little UGURUS history!). 🐼🐼🐼
- Which stories you should use—case studies, your team, history, etc.
- How to filter on social—and how to tie it in with your messaging.
- How to be authentic without turning phony.
- Best advice: Know what your success looks like.
- Habit that contributes to success: Being energetic and positive
- Recommended tool: Headspace for meditation
- Recommended book: Essentialism by Greg McKeown
- Run time: 32:29
- Storyfinder page
- Youtube (Nicole’s best tips are here)
- Elk Creative Agency and Corey Dodd
- Impressive ‘About Us’ Pages
- Profitable Digital Agencies FB group – watch Digital Agency Show podcast episodes live and ask your Q’s
- “I always want to make things good—look good, sound good.”
- “We try to make ourselves bigger.”
- “He’s an entrepreneur with battle scars.”
- “When you tell a story, it evokes positive emotions.”
- “We like David Hasselhoff—we don’t like this guy.”
- “We have to be aware of how we come across.”
- “When you find something that’s so authentically you, it’s not an act. It’s quite easy to keep it up.”
- A great “About Us” page = lots of personality and stories.
- Social media… you need a filter to evaluate and keep your values consistent! Is it adding value? How would potential clients feel seeing it?
- Spend time writing down how you want to show up. Your brand, your agency, etc.