Maximize the Power of a Second in Command
With Cameron Herold
Cameron Herold is the mastermind behind hundreds of companies’ exponential growth and has earned his reputation as the business growth guru. He has built a dynamic consultancy with clients that include a monarchy and a Big 4 wireless company. The author of 6 books (with another on the way), Cameron is also a top-rated international speaker, having spoken on all 7 continents. The founder of the COO Alliance, the World’s Leading Network for Seconds in Command.
Episode highlights with Cameron Herold
- What got Cameron started (hint – as COO, he took a company from 14 employees to 3,100!)
- Are you ready to hire your second in command?
- Do you already have a second in command? Here’s how to tell if it’s working
- How to use the 1s and 3s to make decisions
- How to tell the difference between management teams and leadership teams
- Does Cameron ever see a company operate without a COO?
- What would a second in command be accountable for?
- How to foster a better relationship with the second in command
- Where common conflict might be avoided
- Best advice: R&D? stands for rip-off and duplicate
- Habit that contributes to success: Tenacity
- Recommended tools: Capterra and Dall-E
- Recommended book: The Endurance by Alfred Lansing
Connect with Cameron Herold and find plus resources
- Previous episode on The Digital Agency Show
- Second in Command book
- Investinyourleaders.com online course
- The COO Alliance for our 5m+ listeners
- Cameron on Facebook
- Cameron on LinkedIn
Quotes from the episode
- “The CEO’s brain is kind of like a hard drive.”
- “If you don’t have an executive assistant, you are one.”
- “They’ve led teams, they’ve grown people, they’ve built companies.”
- “I could never do what he’s done, and he could never do what I did.”
- “In almost every company, the relationship comes to an end.”
- “You’re there to make them look good.”
- Did your CEO come home from a conference with a million ideas? Let them get it all out, ask your questions, then try Cameron’s stoplight idea to prioritize
- Want a COO? Start by answering this question: do you have an executive assistant?
- Want a better relationship with your second in command? Think about adding something similar to the “date night” concept – time together away from the usual meeting space
The Digital Agency Show Sponsors
Ready for a managed hosting provider that is going to get your clients the performance, reliability, and support you need? Get started with Cloudways today with a $50 hosting credit using code “DASCW”.
Outsourcing services for digital agencies–website design & development, eCommerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M.