Creating Brand Awareness with Visceral B2B Marketing
With Richard Hadler
Richard Hadler is the CEO of alan. Agency, one of the fastest growing B2B Marketing agencies in Europe focused on visceral b2b marketing.
He’s the author of Marketing: The Bottom Line and the host of the podcast, B2B Marketing: The Provocative Truth.
Richard is passionate about bridging the gap between Sales and Marketing and wants to challenge B2B marketers to think more creatively.
Highlights From Creating Brand Awareness With Visceral B2B Marketing
- Why it’s important to identify a brand’s blindspots
- Why research and a robust strategy yield better marketing outcomes
- How to be proactive in your marketing environment
- How to change the language marketers use to approach the board of directors
- The importance of brand awareness, even during times of recession
- How to help your brand stand out in a saturated market
- The relationship between publishing and marketing
- The challenge of growing an agency with 65+ employees
- Best advice: Hire slow, fire fast.
- Best advice: Make sure you stay grounded and humble.
- The habit that contributes to success: Relentless attitude to keep doing more
- Recommended tool: Read as many different news sources related to your industry as you can
- Recommended book: Tough Calls by Allan Leighton for anyone running a business – he’s the former CEO of Tesco, Swarovsky, and Royal Mail
Connect With Richard Hadler
- Website: https://www.alan-agency.com/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/alan-agencylondon/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/richard-hadler-677abab9/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/alan.agency/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/alan_agencyldn
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/alan.agencylondon
- Book: Marketing: The Bottom Line by Richard Hadler: https://www.amazon.com/Marketing-Bottom-marketing-perceived-strategic-ebook/dp/B09QZWLHZQ
- Podcast: B2B Marketing: The Provocative Truth: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/b2b-marketing-solved/id1604846399
Quotes From Richard Hadler
- “The role of an agency is to take an umbrella or helicopter view to ensure that you’re giving different opinions and views that you don’t see in the linear view that you have in your day-to-day approach to the business.”
- “Investing in your brand long-term should, ultimately, make your short-term lead generation perform better.”
- “Why do I buy from big brands? It’s because they’re in your face all the time, but also they feel so large, they’re advertising so much that they’re ingrained in our society and culture which makes us, rightly or wrongly, trust them more. As a consumer, I will buy from brands that I know are there.”
- “Pitching an idea to a business where people aren’t just in marketing start sitting up and taking notice. I always notice those bits in meetings where you’re presenting something, looking at the room, and you’re examining how people are feeling. That moment, that aha moment where people love what you’ve done, I can’t stress how great that feels.”
Takeaways From Creating Brand Awareness with Visceral B2B Marketing
- People want to use brands they know, like, and trust
- Branding lets you convey who you are and what you stand for
- Brands who articulate their personality and product stand out in a saturated market and get more exposure quickly
Want to see the episodes recorded live?
Join our Facebook group, Profitable Digital Agencies, for fun insider access, freebies, and connections to agency owners around the world!
Sponsors For The Digital Agency Show
Ready for a managed hosting provider that is going to get your clients the performance, reliability, and support you need? Get started with Cloudways today with a $50 hosting credit using code “DASCW”.
Outsourcing services for digital agencies – website design & development, e-commerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M.