Adapting as Marketers
With Jennifer Spivak
Jennifer Spivak is the CEO of The AdGirls Agency, which is an all-female Facebook Ads agency. Jennifer has helped hundreds of businesses generate millions of dollars on Facebook and Instagram, with many seeing a 1000%+ return on their ad campaigns. Her all-female team enjoys crunching data, helping women-owned businesses make tons of money, and breaking the rules when it comes to Facebook ads. Jennifer has been featured in Forbes & The New York Times, listed as a Top Facebook Ads Manager to Watch in 2019, and is an adjunct professor of digital marketing at The City College of New York.
- Differentiating your agency from others
- Facebook ads
- Third-party tools
- Mark Zuckerberg & the future of Facebook
- Adapting as marketers
- What would you do if Facebook disappeared?
- YouTube & TikTok
- Video marketing
- Unique messaging
- The four buckets of messaging
- Is it possible to push using ‘story’ too far?
- Marketing to women
- Creating connection through vulnerability
- Best advice: There are no rules.
- Habit that contributes to success: Sleep
- Recommended tool: Asana
- Recommended book: Thank and Grow Rich by Pam Grout
- The AdGirls Agency: https://theadgirls.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/spizzak
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jennspivak/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jenniferspivak/
- “I created my agency with the mission of putting more money into the hands of more women.”
- “We still have tons of clients getting incredible, incredible results, and I run all of our lead generation marketing, 80% of it comes from Facebook.”
- “Everyone wants to get all wrapped up in the ‘Facebook sky is falling’, but here’s the thing, I’ve been doing this for over a decade. I’ve seen over fifty bazillion versions of that. We’re marketers, it’s our job to constantly adapt.”
- “If Facebook went away tomorrow, we are prepared to take our skills and our system and we could get on board and be ready to deliver service on another platform in five seconds. Again, it’s not about ‘we have a special Facebook media buying process’ right? It’s our big picture marketing system so we can put it somewhere else.”
- “Video is a great thing to invest into, but again I’m always hesitant to make sweeping generalizations that ‘this is the one thing that works and nothing else does anymore’ because that’s just not ever been true for me.”
- “When I changed our messaging and I started focusing on my story, my personality, a little bit of the brand of my agency, talking a little bit more about that mission of putting more money into the hands of more women, talking more about how we donate a percentage of our revenue to an organization that supports survivors of domestic violence, going into the different nuances of who we are culturally, that is when I started to be able to create messaging and to create ads that were truly unique to us.”
- Marketers must know how to constantly adapt.
- Finding what makes your agency unique will help set you apart.
Want to see the episodes recorded live?
Join our Facebook group, Profitable Digital Agencies, for fun insider access, freebies, and connections to agency owners around the world!
The Digital Agency Sponsors
Tired of trying to manage your clients, payments, and projects across multiple tools? Service Provider Pro is an all-in-one client management solution that lets you do all of that and more from one easy-to-use dashboard. For more information and an extended free trial, visit Spp.co/ugurus. (sponsored)
Outsourcing services for digital agencies – website design & development, e-commerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M (sponsored).