E209: The great niche switch with Debra Scarpa and Ashley Blaesing
Help your clients close more leads with a new all-in-one marketing platform that you can white-label, HighLevel (sponsored).
Outsourcing services for digital agencies – website design & development, e-commerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M (sponsored).
Debra Scarpa, president, and Ashley Blaesing, operations manager, of Friday Marketing work in the niche of Home Designer Marketing. They help home design professionals such as interior designers transform their businesses and brands to attract their dream clients, sell their projects for more, stay current online, and get their time back with automated systems.
Between them, they have over 40 years of award-winning design and marketing experience and absolutely love working with people who value design just as much as they do.
Debra and Ashley have been UGURUS members for several years.
- Why they picked the solar niche, and what happened.
- How to try out a niche—including what to do with your website and business name.
- What happened when they made a niche change in early 2020, and why they decided to make that change.
- Why Debra and Ashley walked away from a niche that still had plenty of leads flowing.
- What happened during that period between successful niches.
- What they did to set up the new business in just four weeks (right before the pandemic hit!).
- How they turned around the bleak reality that was 2020.
- The difference between leads and raving fans, and how Debra and Ashley worked to create them.
- Best advice: The worst decision you can make is no decision.
- Habit that contributes to success: 1.) Always learning, including listening to content over and over. 2.) Being a habit-based person.
- Recommended tool: GoHighLevel and ClickUp
- Recommended book: Rocket Fuel and Traction by Gino Wickman, Psycho-Cybernetics by Dr. Maxwell Maltz, Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod, Be Obsessed Or Be Average by Grant Cardone
- Run time: 41:25
- “We’re completely opposite types of people…We’re at the opposite ends of the spectrum and we love it that way.”
- “I want to speed up the timeline as fast as possible.”
- “I feel like it builds some trust.”
- “There are a lot of them that don’t value the web.”
- “It was really hard to walk away.”
- “We can’t talk to everybody.”
- “This is a hard time to go after a new market.”
- “Help them stay in business. Do whatever you need to do.”
- “We’re building momentum continuously. Even today!”
- Don’t take your sweet time in trying a niche. Go all in, crank through it, and see what happens.
- Start going for a new niche with customer development interviews.
- Always think about how you can HELP.