E210: How to help clients succeed in your course with Marisa Murgatroyd
Help your clients close more leads with a new all-in-one marketing platform that you can white-label, HighLevel (sponsored).
Outsourcing services for digital agencies – website design & development, e-commerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M (sponsored).
Marisa Murgatroyd started her career as an artist who was told by her father that she had no marketable skills. She figured out how to build a multi-million dollar business anyway and has shown over 10,000 students how to succeed online — many of whom also felt like they had “no marketable skills”.
As the Founder of Live Your Message & Creator of the Experience Product Masterclass, she’s on a mission to reinvent online education around the world so results and engagement become the norm and not the exception.
Marisa has personally sold over $23M in online courses and programs that have student success rates 10-30 times higher than the industry standard.
Marisa has been featured in: Traffic & Conversion Summit, Mindvalley Momentum, Evercoach Summit, LaunchCon and the Conscious Business Network.
- What happened after her husband “popped the question”—nope, not that question.
- Where Marisa found inspiration after being challenged with whether or not everyone has the ability to succeed.
- How much is content vs. engagement? Marisa weighs in.
- How to create a course that encourages engagement.
- The first step when creating a course (or video!) to share your knowledge.
- Best advice: The energy of a blockbuster hit is fundamentally different than a regular product.
- Habit that contributes to success: Time blocking and scheduling
- Recommended tool: Roam for note-taking
- Recommended book: The Power of Moments by Chip Heath and Dan Heath
- Run time: 32:56
- “So you’re a recovering agency owner?”
- “What would I even teach?”
- “Marisa, maybe some people aren’t meant to succeed.”
- “People want a new visible transformation.”
- “They want to be able to apply it.”
- “It’s an evolution of the info-product business.”
- “At the end of the day, it’s about looking at the key steps.”
- “What works for courses will ultimately make your agency even better.”
- Structure your program so people apply what they learn right away.
- Be sure to reward engagement and push those that aren’t finishing coursework.