E52: Set and achieve your goals with Craig Ballantyne
Unlimited WordPress tasks for digital agencies at a fixed monthly cost with UnlimitedWP, get 25% your first month with code “das2020” (sponsored).
Craig Ballantyne is the author of The Perfect Day Formula and Turbulence Training, and has been a contributor to Men’s Health magazine for over 17 years. His books, videos, and coaching programs have transformed the lives of more than 7 million people—physically, financially, mentally, and emotionally. Today he teaches high-performing entrepreneurs to increase their income and make more time for their personal lives. How? By using the same 5 Pillars of Success that helped him overcome crippling anxiety attacks and transform his own life.
- The ridiculous (or is it?) time Craig wakes up to get his day started—and how he discovered that time was ideal for him.
- How finding common themes in both great days and rough days will help you discover your ideal mix.
- The secret way that managing expectations helps keep you on track.
- How to navigate your challenging days with ritual and music.
- Craig’s “5 Pillars” work to transform any habits for a desired outcome.
- Best advice you’ve received: get a coach
- Habit that contributes to success: taking a keyboarding class
- Recommended book: Ready, Fire, Aim by Michael Masterson
- Recommended tools: Instagram Stories
- The Perfect Day Formula by Craig Ballantyne
- Turbulence Training by Craig Ballantyne
- When by Daniel Pink
- Ready, Fire, Aim by Michael Masterson
- Freeperfectdaybook.com for a free book
- Perfectdayformula.com for the whole kit (Brent’s recommendation)
- Instagram – @RealCraigBallantyne
- [email protected]
- “It’s not about the hour that you get up, but what you do with the hours that you are up.”
- “It’s gonna start with a bit of self-reflection, and that’s where the answers lie.”
- “Why the heck do I need 600 mg of caffeine?”
- “We are pros.”
- Track some elements of your day for a period of time. When did you wake up? How productive were you? How much caffeine did you drink? Over time, you’ll see patterns emerge that will help you build your perfect day.
- Evaluate your goals in the context of the 5 Pillars.
- What can you cut out of your bucket list? Maybe it’s just for now, and you can return to it in ten years, but evaluate if everything on your list of big goals fits in with what’s really important to you.