E66: Avoid burnout, find your specialization, and make more money with Cat Howell
Cat Howell helps businesses and entrepreneurs find success through Facebook ads. Having built and scaled a highly successful FB ads agency (Eight Loop Social) to one that generates over six figures per month, Cat subsequently launched The Academy and FATC to help freelancers and agency owners bypass the costly and lengthy learning curves involved in building out a FB ads business – from enrolling clients through delivery and agency processes. She works with a variety of clients, from Coca Cola Amatil and Contiki, as well as grassroots startups.
- Why account managers aren’t always the best option to run each project.
- Learn how to keep a hybrid remote/local team running.
- Find out how Cat advertises for new clients (HINT — yep, it’s exactly where you think!)
- Listen in to hear Cat’s journey to narrowing down her company’s focus to Facebook. Finding a profitable niche meant she could charge more!
- Cat breaks down how to find your core competency, why you should find it, and how to work within it.
- Best advice she’s ever received: 1) find your core competency, and 2) take responsibility for your reality
- Habit that contributes to success: naive confidence
- Recommended book: Dr. Joe Dispenza’s Breaking The Habit of Being Yourself: How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One
- Recommended tool: This podcast! And the CRM system Hubspot
- Breaking The Habit of Being Yourself: How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One by Joe Dispenza
- UGURUS podcast
- “Because it’s so new, there are very few people that are good at it.”
- “It’s down to those processes.”
- “As agency owners….we want to offer EVERYTHING.”
- What is your “flow”? How much time do you spend there?
- How can you focus into your core competence? What do you need to let go of?