E86: The Ideal Agency Business Model with Dan Martell
Dan Martell made his first million by the age of 27. He has successfully exited three companies, and is a former advisor to billion-dollar SaaS companies. He’s also an investor in over 40 startups and runs the biggest YouTube channel for Saas entrepreneurs in the world. He built his own agency to $3.5 million starting at age 24.
- How Dan went from a dangerous life on the streets to incredible success.
- Why troubled kids can make great entrepreneurs.
- The three things Dan looks for when investing in a SaaS company.
- How to resist your natural temptation to “create, create, create” and focus on just one business.
- Best advice ever received: If somebody bought your business tomorrow, what’s the first thing they would change?
- Habit that contributes to success: Block time
- Favorite tool: Voxer
- Book recommendations: As a Man Thinketh by James Allen
- Episode run time: 42:27
- Dan’s Youtube channel
- Contact info – please let Dan know if you’d like to help him connect with at-risk youth!
- Dan’s Business Playbook – get a free copy here
- As a Man Thinketh by James Allen
- The Checklist Manifesto by Atul Gawande
- Work the System by Sam Carpenter
- Love is the Killer App by Time Sanders
- “I don’t want your valedictorians.”
- “Nobody’s going to look out for you. You’ve got to figure it out for yourself.”
- “They’re not getting a normal job.”
- “Where you’ve been is not a dictator to where you’re going to end up.”
- “I still have to pinch myself.”
- Check out Dan Martell’s ideal agency model on the podcast and look for improvements within your own business. Here’s his Youtube channel for more information.
- Consider incentivizing your employees.