Get Happy Clients with Better Account Management
With Taylor McMaster
Taylor McMaster is the founder of DOT & Company where she and her team help digital marketing agencies keep their clients happy—and keep agency owners (ahem, US) focused on what they do best—with full-service client account management services.
Episode highlights with Taylor McMaster
- What Taylor did with her agency – and why she stopped it
- What is an account manager vs. a project manager?
- What are some great account management principles?
- What qualities an agency owner should look for in this role
- Why does a “bubbly” personality help out in a client relationship?
- …and how about being “salesy”?
Lightning Round with Taylor McMaster
- Best advice: Hire people who are smarter than you and pay them more than you
- Habit that contributes to success: Daily exercise
- Recommended tools: Grammarly and Loom
- Recommended book: The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
Connect with Taylor McMaster, plus resources
Quotes from Taylor McMaster’s episode
- “Are you asking them for feedback? Are you proactively asking them about their life, their family?”
- “If I could just do account management, I’d be fulfilled.”
- “They kind of discovered they had an agency – they didn’t set out to do that.”
- “We want the agency owner to be focused on growing…”
- “You’re probably the one who gets the phone call!”
- “We’re not only the agency’s advocate, we’re the client’s advocate.”
- “It starts with personality.”
Takeaways from Taylor McMaster’s episode
- Systems! Have a great process in place for getting clients onboarding
- Have a strong internal communication strategy
- How are you going to WOW your clients?
Sponsors For The Digital Agency Show
Ready for a managed hosting provider that is going to get your clients the performance, reliability, and support you need? Get started with Cloudways today with a $50 hosting credit using code “DASCW”.Outsourcing services for digital agencies–website design & development, e-commerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M.