From Burnout to Balance: Strategies to Work Less and Achieve More
Melissa Morris – as the founder of Agency Authority, a project management and operations consultancy for agency owners, Melissa Morris uses her 10 years agency experience to help business owners maximize their team, increase their productivity, and grow their profits.
Firmly committed to breaking the ‘long hours and bad pay’ stigma that plagues the agency world, Melissa and her team help business owners and their team members do the work they love without sacrificing client satisfaction, the bottom line, or their own sanity.
Episode highlights from Melissa Morris’s episode
- What are the leading causes of burnout and doing too much
- The right way to create workflows
- How to work fewer hours per week
- When do you need the agency owner and when can an account manager and the rest of the team manage?
- Do some agency owners just like working tons of hours?
Lightning Round with Melissa Morris
- Best advice: Start as you intend to finish
- Habit that contributes to success: Sleep
- Recommended tool: Timer, maybe on smartwatch
- Recommended books: The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks
Resources, plus connect with Melissa Morris
Quotes from Melissa Morris episode
- “I don’t think agency owners should be writing SOPs.”
- “Agency life doesn’t have to feel that way.”
- “You’re stuck in this position where bringing on more help doesn’t feel like relief – it feels like more work.”
- “Everybody’s McGyvering the effort.”
- “How do I get from 60 to 35 hours per week?”
- “I don’t want to bother them.”
- “There’s definitely a hustle culture.”
Takeaways from Melissa Morris episode
- Feeling stuck? To start getting yourself out of the “valley” – get going on your workflows first
- For most agencies, it’s client work that’s taking the most time
- A communication SOP is essential
Sponsors For The Digital Agency Show
Ready for a managed hosting provider that is going to get your clients the performance, reliability, and support you need? Get started with Cloudways today with a $50 hosting credit using code “DASCW”. Outsourcing services for digital agencies–website design & development, e-commerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M.