How I Built a Great Agency and Now Work Ten Hours a Week
With Barbara Carneiro
Barbara Carneiro is a mentor at UGURUS and a senior strategist.
She is the founder of Word Revolution, a communication and branding agency for Christian ministries. She’s worked with over 250 clients in her niche. She’s launched a conference and a course in her niche as well. She has a 5-person agency and only works 10-15 hours per week in the business.
She also is a UGURUS mentor and has been working with us for many years now. She’s helped over 200 agency owners in our programs.
- What’s the sweet spot? Here’s what Barbara has found by diving deeper within her niche
- How Barbara’s work is like an antidote for clients googling their symptoms
- How Barbara built her business so she can limit her hours and energy—and spend lots of time with family
- How client interactions are different with less hours spent working
- How Barbara’s “modular” system works with branding clients
- How Barbara’s conference is positioning her in the market
Lightning Round with Barbara Carneiro
- Best advice: Stay in your lane
- Habit that contributes to success: Know how my body works and go with it
- Recommended tool: Sunsama
- Recommended book: Traction by Gino Wickman
Connect with Barbara Carneiro, plus resources
Quotes from Barbara Carneiro
- “There is money in every niche. There are problems in every niche.”
- “It actually saves them a lot of money to have somebody come in and do it for them.”
- “You’re able to kind of get inside their head.”
- “Do I need surgery or an aspirin?”
- “My business has changed! I have to say, ‘Listen guys, I’m not busy.’”
- “You’re paid for your time. You’re valued.”
- “They try to convince me that their system is okay.”
- “People are going to look to the leaders to find their way through this mess.”
- “Pay attention to the people you are trying to serve.”
- Niche within a niche? When you get so much experience within a niche, agency owners tend to narrow down even further and find their “sweet spot”.
- In branding, they discover the archetype of the client. It’s not reinventing the wheel each time. It’s modular.
- With a possible recession on the way, people are going to look to those in positions of authority in their market.
Sponsors For The Digital Agency Show
Ready for a managed hosting provider that is going to get your clients the performance, reliability, and support you need? Get started with Cloudways today with a $50 hosting credit using code “DASCW”.
Outsourcing services for digital agencies–website design & development, ecommerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M.