E29: The Definition of Brand with Re Perez
Today we’re talking to Re Perez, the founder of Branding for the People and a seasoned brand consultant. He helps entrepreneurs grow and brand their businesses. He’s worked with tons of startups and some multi-million dollar businesses. He’s even helping to update UGURUS branding.
Some of the highlights of the show include:
- How Re got into branding and what the catalyst was to found Branding for the People.
- What branding means to Re.
- How a logo creates and influences perception, as well as the limitations of just changing a logo.
- Thoughts on balancing pricing, client expectations, your target market, and brand expectations.
- Tips on creating a good perception of your brand: It starts with you and what you are willing to invest in yourself.
- Thinking about what’s on-brand vs. what’s off-brand when it comes to deciding on what’s most important in promoting a company.
- Steps to take to assess and define your brand.
Quotes by Re:
- “Branding is one of the hottest topics in the business world. It’s also one of the most misunderstood.”
- “Know who you’re targeting and know that that will influence what you can charge.”
- “If you’re not willing to invest… how can you expect someone to invest in you?”