From Hockey to Coaching Incredible Mindsets
Gavin McHale is a success coach at the Early To Rise team. As a former hockey player, he followed all the rules. When he started personal training, he had big aspirations, just like his hockey career. As he tried to build his business, he realized that he was the one holding himself back from success. Through mindset work, Gavin was able to build a more sustainable and higher-paying business and start to see that success come to fruition.
Some people call him “The Mindset Guy”.
Episode highlights from Gavin McHale
- How Gavin went from hockey (nearly pro) to the work he does now—care of a literal punch in the face
- Are you a high performer? What “Radical Responsibility” is all about
- How an objective view can change results and improve your situation
- Is accountability a present-tense thing? What do you do with it?
- What happens when you use “unconditional positive regard”
- Does the grass look greener? How Gavin looks at those moments when you want to do what someone else is doing
Lightning Round with Gavin McHale
- Best advice: What if it could work out better than you ever imagined
- Habit that contributes to success: Journaling and becoming aware of my emotional state
- Recommended tool: FeelingsWheel.com
- Recommended books: Ask and It Is Given by Esther and Jerry Hicks
Resources, plus connect with Gavin McHale
Quotes from Gavin McHale Episode
- “That changes the whole perspective we’re coming from.”
- “How do you manage that uncertainty? Cause it’s pretty much guaranteed.”
- “We get stuck in this subjective swirl of emotion.”
- “I want you to win and you want you to win.”
- “People are judging themselves enough, you don’t need to judge them too.”
- “Unconditional positive regard.”
- “We learn so much more when we make mistakes.”
Takeaways from Gavin McHale episode
- High performer? Taking responsibility turns your view objective
- Hold yourself to a higher standard rather than just getting after the hustle and grind
- In mentorship/coaching team members, use curiosity rather than judgement
Sponsors For The Digital Agency Show
Ready for a managed hosting provider that is going to get your clients the performance, reliability, and support you need? Get started with Cloudways today with a $50 hosting credit using code “DASCW”.
Outsourcing services for digital agencies–website design & development, e-commerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M.