Elevate Team Collaboration with Expert Project Management
Galen Low is the co-founder of The Digital Project Manager, a training community hell-bent on sharing knowledge to amplify the value of responsible project management in a digital world. Over the past decade or so, he’s worked at boutique agencies and large consultancies to help shape and deliver human-centered digital transformation initiatives in government, healthcare, transit, and retail.
Episode highlights with Galen Low
- How Galen got started in project management
- When is the right time to hire a PM?
- How to think about spending on a new team member
- How to help team members help in project management when they have a different job
- How to introduce PM training to your team, and why it’s beneficial
Lightning Round with Galen Low
- Best advice: Make a decision and own it
- Habit that contributes to success: Being fascinated by people
- Recommended tool: TheDPM.com and ToDoIst.com
- Recommended books: The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo
Resources, plus connect with Galen Low
Quotes from Galen Low episode
- “Not every agency is benefitting…these conversions need to connect.”
- “Otherwise is just looks like an extra cost.”
- “This is about collaboration.”
- “It’s not about, ‘I’m giving you another job’.”
- “Just get people excited about working together.”
- “What’s gone wrong in the past and how can we make it better?”
Takeaways from Galen Low episode
- PMs need to understand their strategic value
- Look at a PM’s job as how much they take off your and your team’s plates (which gives you extra strategic time!)
- Keep in mind that not everyone has proper context – fill them in!
Sponsors For The Digital Agency Show
Ready for a managed hosting provider that is going to get your clients the performance, reliability, and support you need? Get started with Cloudways today with a $50 hosting credit using code “DASCW”.
Outsourcing services for digital agencies–website design & development, e-commerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M.