Leading Clients Through Digital Transformation
With Howard Tiersky
Leading Clients Through Digital Transformation with Howard Tiersky
Howard Tiersky is a successful entrepreneur named by IDG as one of the 10 Digital Transformation Influencers to Follow and by Enterprise Management 360° as “One of the Top 10 Digital Transformation Influencers That Will Change Your World.” He is also the author of the WSJ bestselling book, Winning Digital Customers.
This interview includes the fascinating story of working on Blockbuster’s digital transformation toward the end of their business.
- What is Howard’s agency, called From, all about today?
- What is “digital transformation”?
- What Howard learned in working with Blockbuster toward their end
- Should you lead with “digital transformation” in working with customers? Or use less of a buzzword?
- Can an agency have a major level of influence over a company’s transformation? How?
- What happened to support Walmart’s successful transformation?
- How to avoid building something for a client, only to find a year later that it went unused
Lightning Round with Howard Tiersky
- Best advice: Get after the things that you can influence and get past the things you can’t
- Habit that contributes to success: Curiosity, especially about people
- Recommended tool: Owler
- Recommended book: Tony Robbins’ earlier books – Awaken the Giant Within, Unlimited Power
Connect with Howard Tiersky + Resources
- Howard’s site: https://www.from.digital/
- Winning Digital Customers book
- WinningDigitalCustomers.com – get the first chapter for free
Quotes from Howard Tiersky’s episode
- “Even though I was just a kid…I happened to have this niche knowledge.”
- “I don’t think my kids know what a CD is.”
- “We’re looking to create an even better customer experience.”
- “What is digital transformation? It’s a buzzword.”
- “We slap a label on something we were going to do anyway.”
- “We can’t call it CRM. Everybody hates CRM.”
- “Companies kill great ideas by buying them.”
- “I think Walmart’s been changing.”
- “Our tagline is Vision to Victory.”
- On leading with buzzwords while talking to customers: know your audience. What language and message will appeal to them?
- A company may not object to a new consultant coming in who is looking toward the future, but they won’t necessarily like what they have to say.
- What’s the goal? To make money and have a happy client at the end? Or to change their trajectory?
Sponsors For The Digital Agency Show
Ready for a managed hosting provider that is going to get your clients the performance, reliability, and support you need? Get started with Cloudways today with a $50 hosting credit using code “DASCW”.Outsourcing services for digital agencies–website design & development, ecommerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M.