How to Let Go and Master the Sabbatical Method
With Alyson Caffrey
Alyson Caffrey is an operations strategist and the founder of an operations agency. A digital agency shows veteran, this is her third chat with Brent on using operations to grow and scale your digital agency.
She is the author of the Sabbatical Method: How to Leverage Rest & Grow Your Business. She focuses on helping her clients build scalability AND sustainability through ops.
She is a mom to two little boys under three and loves chatting about growing businesses and growing families.
Episode highlights from Alyson Caffrey’s episode
- What was the inspiration for The Sabbatical Method?
- What about the middle ground on taking sabbaticals?
- How our background/youth influences our outlook on taking time off
- How to think about rest and getting outside of the hustle
- Three parts to thinking about how to position yourself for time away
- How *guilt* fits into letting things go
Lightning Round with Alyson Caffrey
- Best advice: “Don’t chase your dreams, hunt your reality” – Navy Seal quote
- Habit that contributes to success: drinking lots of water, her morning coffee timer
- Recommended tool: Krisp noise eliminator
- Recommended books: Buy Back Your Time by Dan Martell
Resources, plus connect with Alyson Caffrey
- Previous episodes with DAS: 231, 105
- Alyson’s new book – The Sabbatical Method – including free toolkit!
- Alyson’s business – Operations Agency – take the quiz here!
Quotes from Alyson Caffrey’s episode
- “Make sure you feel refreshed so you can make those decisions.”
- “We want to create an asset that can function independently of us.”
- “I probably should have had more things in place here!”
- “It feels like an American problem.”
- “Strategically taking rest.”
- “The areas are gray, but we need to be able to test those boundaries.”
- “Focusing on the day-to-day is so important.”
Takeaways from Alyson Caffrey’s episode
- It doesn’t have to be one or the other: find your space in between taking a 6-month refresher every year or an extreme medical condition that pushes time off
- Show results for a specific task and have your team take it, then find what you can get off your plate
Sponsors For The Digital Agency Show
Ready for a managed hosting provider that is going to get your clients the performance, reliability, and support you need? Get started with Cloudways today with a $50 hosting credit using code “DASCW”. Outsourcing services for digital agencies–website design & development, e-commerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M.