E15: Making The Leap Into Entrepreneurship with Daniel DiPiazza
Today’s guest is Daniel DiPiazza, the founder and creator of Rich20Something; an avid writer who has been published in Time Magazine, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Yahoo Business, and Huffington Post; and the author of a newly launched book, also titled Rich20Something. Today he’s going to talk to us about his career and some of the things that have helped him become successful.
Some of the highlights of the show include:
- Why Daniel’s concept of the new millennial workforce is different from the way the system is typically set up.
- Why Daniel doesn’t label himself as an entrepreneur, as well as why he didn’t want to work for a corporation or other “work a day” job.
- How someone can identify what they’re good at so they can create their own source of income.
- Why “faking it ‘til you make it” can work when it comes to developing your interests into side jobs and even a full-time business.
- How becoming an influencer through his blog and through social media has allowed Daniel to make money with his webinars, books, and so on.
- How Daniel’s confidence, core beliefs, and mindset has contributed to his success.
- The difference between perseverance and wasting time and energy.
Quotes by Daniel:
“Your idea, while it is important, is one of the lesser-important things in the process of building your business. A great idea can fail or a mediocre idea can soar.”
“Things you want to learn can become side hobbies, side jobs, and even full-time businesses.”
“One of my core maxims is that I persevere when I’m frustrated…. If it’s a good opportunity and I’m on the right path, I just don’t quit.”