Running a Remote Agency
With Andrew Lee Miller
Andrew Lee Miller is the founder of AndrewStartups, which is a 15+ year early-stage startup marketing company that has driven over $400 million in startup exits.
He’s the founder of GrowthExpertz, an award-winning SF-based startup marketing agency, and the author of The Startup Growth book.
He teaches startup teams the growth hacking mindset, zero-dollar growth hacking strategies, and how to NOT fail as an early-stage startup.
- The two types of people in marketing
- Why it’s not enough for a product to sell itself
- Why working in an office is ridiculous
- Key numbers that clients like to hear
- Best advice: Hear everything, listen to nothing
- Habit that contributes to success: Having an unlimited amount of energy
- Recommended tool: https://www.seoptimer.com/
- Recommended book: Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari, Traction by Gabriel Weinberg
- Run time: 28:33
- Website: www.andrewstartups.com
- Growth Experts: www.growthexpertz.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrewstartups
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andrewstartups/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/AndrewStartups
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AndrewStartups/
- Book: The Startup Growth Book by Andrew Lee Miller
- “GrowthExpertz was formed to help this problem that I was seeing myself with a lot of companies that my friends were having, with VCs that I saw, with clients that I was freelancing for…the best startups are born out of your own problems and problems that you see.”
- “A lot of people are lied to and told that the product is going to market itself, but you still need some ground swell. You need to do something to create that word of mouth.”
- “Now people understand that it’s all results-oriented. It saves you money in the beginning not working with an agency that’s all pomp and huge offices and stuff. We’re really focused on driving results and that doesn’t necessarily mean a 24/7 grind if you’re efficient and effective and know what you’re doing.”
- “If you’ve got a marketing agency, short term you need to go out and build leads. Long term, you’ve got to find your niche. The more niche you go with an agency the more valuable I think you can be.”
- Focus on what you love to do
- Never kill yourself for clients
- Align your passions with your work
- Don’t focus only on the money
Want to see the episodes recorded live?
Join our Facebook group, Profitable Digital Agencies, for fun insider access, freebies, and connections to agency owners around the world!
Ready for a managed hosting provider that is going to get your clients the performance, reliability, and support you need? Get started with Cloudways today with a $50 hosting credit using code “DASCW” (sponsored).
Outsourcing services for digital agencies – website design & development, e-commerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M (sponsored).