Get off the Rollercoaster and Build a Successful Agency
Jason Swenk is the agency advisor & coach who guides marketing agencies through a proven framework for growing their agency faster. Jason has literally written the book for developing an agency from nothing to two 8-figure agencies. He is one of the most sought advisors to agencies in the world, by showed them an 8-system framework that worked for growing his agency, working with brands like AT&T, Hitachi, and Lotus Cars, and eventually led to selling his agency.
- Why Jason wrote a “micro book”
- How you can figure out what you don’t need to be doing in your agency
- Why niching is one of the most important things – and whether you have to turn away work
- What happens when your agency is Batman
- What it means that Gary V creates content but doesn’t work directly with clients
- What kinds of clients Jason used to have vs. now
- Ahoy! What does managing a course correction have to do with boats and agencies
- Why you might not want to sell your business – even when you could
Lightning Round with Jason Swenk
- Best advice: Keep it simple
- Habit that contributes to success: Ignorance
- Recommended tool: ChatGPT
- Recommended books: Never Lose A Customer Again by Joey Coleman
Resources, plus connect with Jason Swenk
- Previous episodes with Jason – e14 and e178
- JasonSwenk.com/avalanche – The Perfect Digital Agency Avalanche micro book
Quotes from the Episode
- “Why do you wanna sell?”
- “You’re going to be able to be more profitable as well.”
- “A lot of agencies position themselves as the superhero.”
- “I was in this agency up and down rollercoaster.”
- “Here’s where that ship is going.”
- “Because they have that north star – they can do more of the decision-making.”
- “You can really scale the agency when not everything depends on you.”
- Picking your niche: it doesn’t have to be the group that you have the most experience/accounts with
- Not the expert? You can always interview experts!
Sponsors For The Digital Agency Show
Ready for a managed hosting provider that is going to get your clients the performance, reliability, and support you need? Get started with Cloudways today with a $50 hosting credit using code “DASCW”.
Outsourcing services for digital agencies–website design & development, e-commerce, SEO, content marketing, link building.